Posted by skiutah on Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Below is an interesting youtube video on how 1/3 of NJ christian evangelicals believe that Obama is the anti-christ. This reminds me of growing up in rural southern Utah, where the same mindset exists with large portions of the LDS population, some examples:
– I had a seminary teacher whose (large) family lived in a truck camper because he thought at any moment the LDS brethren would give the order for Mormons to move to Missouri
– Another seminary teacher would regularly diagram on the chalk board how the final war would be started, where the various armies would meet, and so on.
– World bad news was viewed as good news (the end of times was always right around the corner)
– Similarly (oddly), good news was viewed as bad news
– Mormon neighbors who had underground cement bunkers stocked with ammo, food, iodine tablets, and so on
– Mormon leaders stating it was the last hour, the 59th minute, the last second of time before Christ was coming (every generation has been told this for the last 180 years)
Posted in christianity, cults, LDS, mormon, religion | Leave a Comment »
Posted by skiutah on Monday, September 21, 2009
A Mormon leader (Bruce C. Hafen) recently promised gays “If you are faithful, on resurrection morning—and maybe even before then—you will rise with normal attractions for the opposite sex.” Read the article here: Satan Behind Gay Behavior
Do the LDS leaders actually know any gay people? Do they really think that gays just wake up one day and choose to have a same-gender attraction? Apparently so, Elder Hafen states “Having same-gender attraction is NOT in your DNA.”
Perhaps the LDS leaders have a special knowledge of DNA? Maybe drawn from their experience with the Lamanite=American Indian issue? Reference: Lamanites Blossom as the Thorn
In about 50 years from now, expect the inspired LDS prophet to receive a “Homosexual Manifesto” revelation from God that proclaims same-gender attraction is a natural (and positive) variation of human biology.
The Mormon church will further state that any prior statements on homosexuality were simply misguided opinions of LDS leaders from a previous era. Elder Hafen will be panned with the likes of Brigham Young, Joseph Fielding Smith, Bruce R. McConkie, and so on; he was an uninspired and misquoted person, speaking as a man.
Posted in christianity, LDS, mormon, religion | 1 Comment »
Posted by skiutah on Monday, September 14, 2009
Here is a brave LDS person speaking about proposition 8:
To view the LDS prophets’ views on marriage, see this article: LDS prophets disagree with proposition 8
Posted in christianity, cults, LDS, mormon, religion | 1 Comment »